Are you looking to have some fun during your upcoming New York City vacation? If so, look no further than the shores of Americas favorite island Coney Island! Located in Brooklyn since the late 1800s, Coney Island is one of the worlds oldest amusement parks, providing visitors with non-stop thrills and exciting entertainment. Whether youre looking to scare yourself silly along the Midway, or laugh out loud at the Circus Sideshow, Coney Island is the place to be! Home to the worlds first rollercoaster and the famous Mermaid Parade, Coney Island is the place to be out-of-this-world excitement!
Attractions Currently available at Coney Island
If youre planning a trip to the Brooklyn area during your upcoming AAMCAR Car Rental New York City vacation, be sure to stop by Surf Avenue and check out the following sights:
- The Coney Island Beach Coney Island Beach is a definite must-see for anyone planning on visiting the Brooklyn area this summer! Open daily from 10AM to 6PM the Coney Island Beach offers plenty of exciting attractions and events. From the famous Mermaid Parade in June to the neighboring carnival rides and freak shows, Coney Island Beach is overflowing with certified family fun activities. Finding the Coney Island Beach is easy in your upcoming New York City car rental just look for the giant Ferris Wheel, or head down Surf Avenue until you hit the Atlantic Shore.
- Astroland Amusement Park Coney Island is the place to be for non-stop entertainment and fun, so plan on stopping by! One of the biggest attractions on Coney Island is the ultra-cool Astroland Amusement Park! Astroland boasts a long list of exciting rides including the Cylcone, Dantes Inferno and the Astrotower. Kiddie rides, and challenging arcade games are also available so be sure to stop by in your upcoming AAMCAR Car Rental New York City rent-a-car.
- The Coney Island Museum If youre interested in learning more about the history of Coney Island be sure to check out the Coney Island Museum, located at 1208 Surf Ave. Here youll find fascinating memorabilia, cool souvenirs and informative films all designed to showcase the Islands colorful history. Open on Saturdays and Sundays from noon until 5PM, the Coney Island Amusement Museum is the only museum of its kind in the world! Admission is just 99 cents, so grab some spare change and come on in!
- The Coney Island Circus Sideshow This exciting show is located at the corner of Surf Avenue and 12th Street, providing visitors with an exciting mix of magic, mystery and excitement! Top performers at the Sideshow include Insectavora, Heather Holiday, Eak the Geek and Scott Baker the Twisted Shockmeister. This ten-in-one circus show is definitely a must-see if youre planning on visiting the Coney Island Amusement Park area, so dont forget to drop by in your upcoming AAMCAR Car Rentals New York City rent-a-car. The Sideshow by the Seashore seats 99 people and can be rented for special occasions.
- Burlesque at the Beach The summer just got hotter here in Coney Island thanks to Burlesque at the Beach, which blends old style burle3sque with sideshow freaks and toe tapping music. Burlesque at the Beach is held every Friday night beginning at 10PM, so be sure to stop by in your upcoming AAMCAR Car Rentals New York City rent-a-car. A night of sizzling scandal awaits you along the shores of Coney Island so dont be late!
- The Coney Island Film Festival Just cant get enough of Americas favorite theme park then you need to check out the Coney Island Film Festival, held annually during the last weekend in September! This exciting film festival is designed to pay tribute to the park, while at the same time supporting local independent film makers. Uncouth and outrageous, this film festival is an event unlike any other so plan on stopping by! This years Coney Island Film Festival will be held from September 30th to October 2nd, so go ahead and reserve your AAMCAR Car Rentals New York City rent-a-car today!