The Sony Wonder Technology Lab is one of New Yorks must visit-family fun vacation destinations, attracting thousands of hands-on visitors each and every year. NYCs only free technology and communications museum, the Sony Wonder Technology Lab provides inquisitive travelers with unlimited access to the latest digital technology and state-of-the-art entertainment. From HDTV to high-tech video games, the Sony Technology Lab has something for everyone, boasting nearly four floors of advanced visual and audio equipment. A world of interactive opportunities awaits you inside this super sophisticated land of technology, so why bother wasting another afternoon stuck inside some stingy old museum? Plan to visit New Yorks newest all-access entertainment facility visit the Sony Wonder Technology Lab now!
The Sony Wonder Technology Lab is currently home to a wide range of entertainment and communication exhibits showcasing an outstanding array of 21st century technology and advanced electronics. Permanent exhibits featured at the Sony Wonder Technology Lab include:
- b.b. Wonderbot When you first enter the Sony Wonder Technology lab after parking your AAMCAR Car Rentals New York City rent-a-car remember to stop and say hello to the museums resident doorman the telepresence robot b.b. Wonderbot. Remember to pick up your free, timed-entry ticket at the front desk, along with your swipe card and museum guidelines.
- The Communication Bridge Once youve entered the Sony Wonder Technology Lab remember to log-in before moving on to the Communication Bridge. This interactive timeline showcases over 150 years of communication technology history, including in-depth explanations about the camera, telephone, radio and computer.
- Technology Workshop The Technology Workshop section of the Sony Wonder Technology Lab is by far the most impressive part of the museum, providing AAMCAR Car Rental New York City travelers with access to three outstanding laboratory atmospheres dedicated to imagery, audio and visual technologies. Exercises in this area include adding funny sound effects to video clips, mastering digitally enhanced drawing tools, as well as exploring the inner workings of numerous electronics.
- Professional Studios If youre looking to pursue a career in communications and technology remember to stop by Sonys Professional Studios in order to try your hand at some of the industries most in-demand professions. Activities in this section include programming a robot to perform simple tasks, editing television feed, and maneuvering an endoscope inside a simulated human body.
- Sonys High Definition Theater Big picture and big sound await AAMCAR Car Rental New York City rent-a-car customers inside Sonys High Definition Theater, so get ready to experience the ultimate form of cinematic entertainment! Designed to provide viewers with exceptional picture resolution and super sharp surround-sound audio, the High Definition Theater is a definite must-visit for couch potatoes of all ages!
Numerous programs currently run year-round at the Sony Wonder Technology Lab Museum, providing visitors with an extra facet of NYC entertainment and excitement. Upcoming programs include everything from Movie Production Workshops to High Definition Movie-Screeners and Family-Fun Programs. The Sony Wonder Technology Lab can also be reserved for a variety of special occasions including birthday parties and office luncheons. Business AAMCAR Car Rental New York City customers may also be interested in reserving Sonys High Definition Theater for high-profile video presentations. To learn more about planning your next event at the Sony Wonder Lab Museum please call 1-212-833-7875.
Planning a visit to the Sony Wonder Technology Lab is quick and easy, so why wait when you could plan yours now! To learn more about up-and-coming events at the Sony Wonder Technology Lab simply call 212-833-8100 or visit the museum online at www.sonywondertechlab.com. Admission to the museum is always free, but AAMCAR Car Rentals New York City strongly encourages travelers to call ahead and reserve tickets in advance. The Sony Wonder Technology Lab is currently located in the heart of midtown Manhattan at the corner of 56th Street and Madison Avenue. Private parking garages are located within walking distance.