The Manhattan Art and Antiques CenterIf you love art you won't want to miss the chance to visit the Manhattan Art and Antiques Center! The Manhattan Art and Antiques Center showcase over 100 galleries representing some of the top American art and antique dealers in a variety of dealership categories. These galleries provide extremely rare pieces for all over the present and ancient world, so don't let this amazing cultural, historical and artistically beautiful opportunity pass you by! The Manhattan Art and Antiques Center is open to the public Monday to Saturday, 10:30AM to 6PM and Sunday 12 Noon - 6PM. Individual galleries hours may vary, so call the Center at 212-355-4400 for more information. The Center is located at 1050 Second Avenue, between 55th and 56th Street so plan on visiting it in your New York car rental soon!
Galleries at the Manhattan Art and Antiques Center include:
- Alexander's Antiques - specializing in Islamic art and antiques, along with porcelains, textiles and bronze figurines
- Angela & J. Gallery - showcasing Oriental antiques along with furniture and paintings
- Paul J. Bosco - a great selection of rare medallions, coins, military orders and decorations, along with paper money and tokens
- Rosalie Clauson - beautiful vintage jewelry and picture frames
- Manhattan Rare Book Company - amazing selection of first editions, antique leather sets and other rare finds
- Windsor Antiquities - specializing in near Eastern antiquities like Greek, Roman, Etruscan and ancient Egyptian coins
Other Interesting New York City Art GalleriesFrom vintage posters to ancient art, New York City is the place to find some great one-of-a-kind pieces for your home. Please feel free to visit one of the following galleries during your next visit to the Big Apple in your New York car rental!
Chisholm Larsson GalleryFor over 30 years Chisholm Larsson has offered the largest selection of original vintage posters. From classic movies to liquor posters, and political slogans, Chisholm Larsson Gallery has what you're looking for! The Gallery is located at 145 8th Avenue, open Tuesdays to Fridays from 11AM to 7PM, Saturdays 11AM to 5PM and Sundays 1PM to 5PM. For more details call 212-741-1703.
Laurence Miller GalleryIf you have an interest in quality contemporary and vintage photography, you'll love the Laurence Miller Gallery at 20 West 57th Street! With over 20 years of quality service, the Laurence Miller Gallery is dedicated to bringing you the finest in photography from around the world! For more information call the gallery at 212-397-3930.
The Ronin GalleryThe Ronin Gallery offers the largest collection of Japanese Woodblock Prints in the United States along with a variety of other Japanese artforms. The Ronin Gallery encompasses a huge span of antiquity, from the 17th century right up to the 21st, showcasing breathtaking Japanese paintings, netsuke, baskets, as wells as books, gifts and intricate decorating ideas. For more information visit the Ronin Gallery on Madison Ave and 57th Street or call their office at 212-688-0188.