New York City may not seem like the most logical place for a golf paradise, but then again, whoever blamed NYC for being logical! If you love playing golf you're going to love the golfing options available in the Big Apple so grab some clubs and get ready. Public golf courses are currently scattered throughout the city's five boroughs, connecting customers of AAMCAR New York Car Rentals with lush fairways and fast greens. Great golfing getaways are just minutes away from the concrete towers of Midtown Manhattan, so why not take an afternoon to kickback and enjoy a round or two? Whether you're a lifelong New Yorker or in from out-of-town, nothing tops a visit to a New York City golf course and the surrounding neighborhoods. So start practicing your swing - a challenging golf getaway is waiting for you New York City.
NYC's Scorecard: Golfing history in New York
New York City golf courses have been the subject of some ridicule or many years. Thankfully this is no longer the case. A recent flourishing of neighborhoods like Coney Island and the South Bronx has prompted newer, more advance golf courses. Gone are the days of hard-as-cement tee-boxes and burned-out greens, these images are all a part of the past, replaced by state-of-the-art facilities and amenities. Customers of AAMCAR New York Car Rentals first started to see a change in Big Apple golfing conditions back in 1983. This was the year that the Department of Parks and Recreation turned the operation of golf courses over to outside operators. First class golf clubs immediately bid on land in the city, including the largest operator of golf courses in the nation - American Golf Corp. AGC now operates 8 fantastic courses in the New York City area, including three on Staten Island. Millions of dollars in improvements have been spent on NYC's golf courses, ensuring the customers of AAMCAR New York Car Rentals with plenty of great golfing opportunities. Improvements have included everything from cart paths to advanced irrigation systems, so what's holding you back? Golf is back and better than ever in NYC, so grab a caddie and get ready for a swinging AAMCAR New York Car Rentals vacation.
Get your swing on: Golf Courses in NYC
Feel the need to hit the links during your upcoming AAMCAR New York Car Rentals vacation? Then check out the following New York City golf courses today:
- Manhattan: The Island of Manhattan currently houses a fantastic driving range at the Chelsea Piers. Players can practice their putting, grab a lesson and perfect their swing all inside a control and comfortable environment. Players can also opt to play a simulated round of play at one of 50 international courses. While not part of Manhattan, you can also brush up your skills at the Randall's Island Practice Center beneath the Triborough Bridge.
- Staten Island: There are currently three amazing golf facilities located on the picturesque Staten Island. These include Latourette, South Shore and Silver Lake.
- Queens: If you're looking to play a lot of golf during your upcoming AAMCAR New York Car Rentals vacation, Queens is the place to be. There are currently four 18-hole championship courses in this borough, along with the city's only night golf opportunities.
- The Bronx: The Bronx is home to both the country's oldest golf course, Van Cortlandt Park Golf Course, and the city's newest facility, Ferry Point. Both offer a challenge round. A handful of other courses are also available.
- Brooklyn: A great deal of what Brooklyn has to offer can be found in and around the Dyker Beach Golf Course, the Marine Park Golf Course and the Brooklyn Golf Center. From lessons to tournaments, the hottest golf happens in Brooklyn.
If golf makes you giddy, the courses of New York City are sure to keep you coming back for more. To learn more about golf options in the Big Apple please feel free to log onto www.golfinnyc.com. AAMCAR New York Car Rentals will also be featuring course breakdowns in the months to come, so remember to check back for more information!