Indoor FunIf the weather isn't cooperating during your trip to NYC, don't worry, there are still plenty of things to do! Just grab that kids, hop in your New York car rental and head to one of the following locations. These Manhattan locales offer plenty of safe and affordable indoor activities for you and your little ones.
- The Toys "R" Us in Times Square Located at 1514 Broadway, this Toys "R" Us store is like no other toy store on the planet! With more than 110,000 square feet of retail space, this store is truly a cut above any other New York spot! Inside the store you can find a 20 foot tall animatronic T-Rex, an amazing two story Barbie house, and even a 60 foot high Ferris Wheel that rotates 14 individually themed cars! Your kids will think you're the coolest parent in the world if you choose to take them to this dreamland of toys, but just make sure that you have plenty of trunk space in your New York car rental you won't be leaving empty handed!
- The Freakatorium If you're looking for something a little out of the ordinary, take a drive in your New York car rental to the Freakatorium located at 57 Clinton Street in the Gramercy Park/East Village neighborhood. The Freakatorium is filled with curiosities that kids just go wild over, like the gloves of Tom Thumb and the glass eye of Sammy Davis Jr.! There are over 1,000 artifacts at the Freakatorium museum showcasing some of the whorld's craziest hoaxes and real life mysteries! For more information call the Freakatorium at 212.375.0475!
Outdoor ActivitiesNew York is a beautiful city to explore during warm afternoons so be sure to check out some of the following kid-fun activities in the Big Apple!
- The Chelsea Screamer Are you looking for a one of a kind New York City tour? Than you need to catch a ride on the Chelsea Screamer, a high speed boat tour of Manhattan. Keep your eyes peeled for tourist attractions like the Brooklyn Bridge, Ellis Island, the Statue of Liberty and the New York Harbor! This boat tour is also known to get a little wet, making it the perfect adventure for a hot New York afternoon. For more information call 212.924.6262 or drop by Pier 62 at West 23rd Street in your New York car rental. Reservations are not required, so take a ride on the Chelsea Screamer today!
- The Rink at Rockefeller Center The Rink at Rockefeller Center is a great place for families to interact in a safe and friendly environment. Open form late October to early April (depending on weather) this staple of NYC is a must visit for all winter travelers. Skating is first come, first serve, so be sure to round up the gang and pile them into the New York car rental early! Figure skate rentals are available onsite so don't worry if you've forgotten to pack your own! Call 212.332,7654 for more details.
Teen Friendly ActivitiesEntertaining a reluctant teen is never an easy ordeal, but you'll find it easy with the following suggestions!
- Visit Grand Central Station This Beaux-Arts landmark is right at the center of all the Manhattan action at 42nd and Park. Take a free tour with your teen and then head downstairs to the massive food concourse. Pigging out on a high calorie desert with your son or daughter is a great way to bond in NYC!
- See a Broadway Play Broadway may sound a little stingy and stuck-up to your teen, but with shows titles like The Lion King, Hairspray and Rent it won't take much to entice them into a matinee viewing! Taking in a show on Broadway is a once in lifetime deal for many people so pick up some tickets for you and your teen tonight.