Founded as the first welcome visitor program of its kind in the Unites States, the Big Apple Greeter service is currently one of New York Citys most prosperous tourist programs, providing out-of-town travelers with fun and friendly city-wide guidance. Devised by Founder and Executive Director Lynn Brooks as a safe and exciting way to see the NYC sights, the Big Apple Greeter program is now in its 14th year of operation, employing nearly 350 volunteer tour guides from a wide variety of New York City neighborhoods. Since opening their doors in 1992 the Big Apple Greeters have welcomed nearly 62,000 visitors to New York City, including travelers from all 50 states and 124 countries. An outstanding service for first time NYC vacationers and international travelers, the Big Apple Greeter program currently conducts tours in 22 different languages including French, Japanese, Chinese, Spanish and English.
AAMCAR Car Rentals New York City highly encourages visitors to take part in the Big Apple Greeter Program especially if theyre feeling a little overwhelmed by the citys never-ending list of tourist attractions and important landmarks! Guides at Big Apple Greeters are trained to provide travelers with tons of helpful commentary, covering many of the citys stellar monuments with fluent efficiency and outstanding energy. Big Apple Greeters is proud to be NYCs number one not-for-profit travel organization providing travelers with a plethora of behind the scenes information and local commentary. A wonderful experience for AAMCAR Car Rental New York City travelers of all backgrounds, the Big Apple Greeters program proudly welcomes visitors without regards to race, color, creed, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status and/or disability, so please feel free to partake in the service during your upcoming NYC vacation! Seeing the city sights through the eyes of an authentic New York City resident is the perfect way to become acquainted with your surroundings, so why waste your vacation wandering the city aimlessly? Call the Big Apple Greeters today to request your personal Big Apple Greeter tour guide!
What to Expect
The Big Apple Greeter program is one of NYCs most unique tourist programs, providing travelers with access to a wealth of unadvertised knowledge and outstanding hospitality. Designed to enhance most any Big City vacation, the Big Apple Greeter program will:
- Answer all your questions about local neighborhoods, inner-city anxieties and popular tourist attractions
- Recommend a variety of little-known attractions, as well as popular tourist locations, to help travelers further enrich their New York City vacation
- Provide two to four hours of non-stop New York City excitement, leading groups of 1-6 travelers through various communities and lesser-known locations
- Explain the citys complex public transit system, further encouraging AAMCAAR Car Rental New York City travelers to get out and explore during their upcoming NYC getaway!
Things to Know Before You Go
Requesting a Big Apple Greeter of your very own is easy, but it is important to keep a few things in mind before planning your trip. Therefore it is important to remember that:
- Big Apple Greeters are volunteer friends not professional tour guides
- Big Apple Greeters provide travelers with visits. This means that there are no pre-set itinerary programs or themed tours, providing travelers with more creative control during their NYC vacation
- Interested participants can only request 1 (one) greeter during their stay in New York City
- Applications for greeters must be submitted at least 3 to 4 weeks before arriving in the Big Apple
- Travelers wishing to participate in the program must be staying at least 2 nights in one of the five NYC boroughs tours cannot be arranged fr day-of-arrival or day-of-departure.